Saturday, June 25, 2011

Half way - Week 20

Friday marked 20 weeks, the half way mark (if I'm lucky), and a point where the baby is suppose to become more interesting to others. I have improved my bump (although most people are still disappointed), it is moving which is rather cool for me, but its not moving quite enough/ vigorously enough for Trent to feel, and I've finally started wearing 'fat pants', aka maternity gear which is much more comfortable! We are due to have another scan Monday week, so will ensure we get pics for you.
I also went for a row Saturday morning, first one in four weeks - and apart from the 32 degrees and blazing sun it was great to be back on the water. I did drink almost 4 litres for anyone worried about my/ baby's health and I'm feeling good now apart from lovely little blisters on my hands.

We successfully moved into the new apartment, Flat F, 53/F, Tower 3, The Belcher's (yes, this is funny), 89 Pok Fu Lam Road, Pok Fu Lam. Our old flat not wanting to be outdone turned on a spectacular morning for the move, highlighting just why we've enjoyed living there for such a long time (I realised it is the place I've lived the longest amount of time since leaving the family home 15 years ago).
For those of you who are not familiar with how apartment moves take place in HK, we thought we'd offer a few insights and photos to illustrate. Firstly, no one moves themselves (well mostly no one) but rather one employees a small army of men to pack and move your entire home and do as much of the unpacking as you can convince them of. For those with an environmental conscience, perhaps you should read the next paragraph instead. Bookshelves, DVD etc racks are not necessarily unpacked into boxes and then reassembled at the other end, rather large rolls of cling wrap are deployed around the entire unit, making 'unpacking' a piece of cake!
The apartment is turning out to be a lovely choice - we have more space, its quieter and cooler, and has different views from our windows because not every room faces the same direction (although we can see into other people's flats now, and them into ours). We have again become the custodians of some serious lighting - proper chandeliers, that apparently took the owner's maid half a day to clean... not sure we're going to keep up that regime.
That's it from us this week, hope you're all well.
Lots of love,
Nik & Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment