The weeks either side of this little jaunt have been completely nuts. Work is simply out of control, and with the New York trip bearing down I've been feeling the pressure. That said, Monday was a good day - we got to see our bump in action again, it was the 20 week scan (or 21 & a bit weeks), and everything is looking as it should at this stage. It still has a rapid heart beat (reckon it gets that from me), but the whooper size feet I'm denying any involvement and blaming Trent for them (I can always try)! Either way, they were rather cute and sporting 10 toes which I believe is what the radiographer was interested in. Fingers similar, brainy bits all good, spine & gizzards all as they should be at this stage. On advice from friends who've been through the Queen Mary process, we quickly declared that we didn't want to know the sex, but were rebuffed with a very clear answer of "you're not going to find out today anyway". We were a little surprised and a taken aback, but after checking with friends, believe that may have been because it was in the wrong position to begin with.
Now, I also promised to get pictures from the scan for you, and we have arranged that. But there are advantages & disadvantages of paying nothing for your medical care. To give you some perspective, if we were to go to a private obstetrician, it would cost us somewhere between HK$1,700-2,500 a visit with scan (approx AU$210-310) - we pay $0, however, should you go with the private dude, they will give you pictures straight away and you might even get one of those super duper, slightly creepy 4D ones (which are seriously cool, and weird you out at the same time). We, on the other hand, had to pay HK$290 (AU$36), visit two floors of the hospital & fill in 4 pages of forms for them to send us a CD in approximately 2 weeks time. Unluckily for me (and you) I'll be travel the world by then so we'll all have to wait! To placate you, we have included photos from the holiday instead.
But now its back to the title of this week's blog - last night, after finally making it home just before ten from work, I flopped on the lounge to enjoy some down time with Trent. Clearly this was a sign to the bump that now it could get busy and get some exercise in. I had my hand on my belly, and realised I could feel it quite distinctly so grabbed Trent's hand and he got to feel several good kicks (maybe not that impressive to him, but they were certainly a lot bigger/ stronger than the ones I've been getting previously). So there you have it, the bump is starting to interact with the outside world, and the father-to-be would like it to be bigger next time so he can really really feel it!
Lots of love,
Nik & Trent
No comments:
Post a Comment