Friday, May 20, 2011

For the Love of Food - Week 15

It's been a long week for us in HK - the first 5 day week since Easter which takes some getting use to again. It's also been a week of negotiating, finalising and signing of a lease on a new apartment (we will provide pictures when we move in). And from a work standpoint I was involved in delivering two programs as well as launching our new catalogue of programs to the business. So we're both glad it's the weekend.
This week also marked the beginning of the Eat Right Food Programme for us (http://www.eatright.com.hk/our_concept). It's a calorie controlled, balanced, healthy eating program, designed to meet whatever goals you have from a health perspective. Now before any of you get upset about me being on a calorie controlled diet, please be assured that my goal is to start putting on weight, Trent's is the loose a little.
So we had our meeting with Martin last weekend - Trent was impressive on the muscle mass (and that wasn't just me, Martin reckoned Trent had one of the highest numbers he'd seen - I was proud of him!!). We signed up and have been receiving little parcels of food twice a day during the week - apart from some minor hiccups on my deliveries, generally caused by me not being where I said I was going to be, the programme has been working well. The biggest thing from my perspective is realising how I've got so use to eating white flours, rice, sugar etc, that I'm finding eating whole grain foods hard work - both from a taste and bulk standpoint.
We both also noticed the shift in when we get carbs and protein - our breakfast and lunches are fairly large meals, but dinner doesn't have a lot of carbs at all but (from my perspective) has a lot of protein. So it's been interesting to reflect on how our eating habits may have also been contributing to the way we've been feeling.
On the goals front, Trent is on his way having dropped several kgs over the week (although it may be a bit quick), but I'm still struggling to put it on. We have a catch up with Martin again today to check in, provide feedback, and for him to ensure the program is hitting the mark, so we'll see what he says. Maybe we'll both get a bit more food!
So that's pretty much us this week, the next few weeks are looking rather chaotic between Ikea trips for modular wardrobes, Maroon 5 concert, packing up a home, and some travel - so we'll see how the posts come along.

xx
Nik & Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment