The last 6 weeks have been flat out - back to work has been both stimulating and exhausting. It's great to return to the world I knew so well, and in many ways feel like I never left. It's like having had amnesia - I don't feel like I've been gone but stuff has happened that I don't remember...
It is on the other hand, stressful trying to balance the amount of work in 3 days, and there is definitely a sense of relief every Wednesday afternoon when I know I have 2 days with Zach on my own. My team has changed substantially in the last 6 months with my immediate manager having left, and 2 very key colleagues having moved onto new challenges - but the new team are still dedicated, creative, fun people, so its a pleasure to be there with them. Coming back has also helped reinforce how much I had learned in the 2 years before having Zach, and its nice to be able to feel confident that I know what I'm doing.
Zach is becoming his own little person now, with a growing sense of us leaving in the morning, and delight when we turn back up again (he does this wonderful head wobble-Indian style when he's happy, or he tenses every muscle in his body going completely rigid to let you know he feels strongly about whatever he has just seen-both negative & positive things induce the same reaction).
He is becoming more wary of people he doesn't know but if they take it slowly then he's fine to give them a cuddle (as Alice experienced last week). He loves his food, regardless, although red capsicum on the weekend didn't go down so well, but Edna has since worked her magic.
He's learning to fake cry to get attention, and is finally beginning to use his arms to bear weight - it seems to have occurred to him recently that it might be possible for him to move of his own accord. Amazing what inspiration can produce!
We've also had Zach's Mama & Poppy in town - Trent's Mum & Dad stayed with us for 10 days and gave Zach proper grandparent attention and love. It was great to be able to give them this time with him, and he seemed to thoroughly enjoy all the focus and extra hands, especially on the days when Trent & I were at work.
Summer has also finally arrived, and while that does signal 30 degrees + with 80-95% humidity, it also brings in blue skies and weather that makes you want to get up.
That's it from us,
Lots of love
Nik, Trent & Zachary
Glad to see the Swift family so happy and settled into new family life. Lots of love from Canada.
ReplyDelete