Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week 38 - Tai Tai living

The bump is still here! And I have had my week of tai tai living (for those of you not familiar with the term it's a Chinese expression for a married woman who doesn't work), which I have to say I'd recommend to everyone. It has taken me a bit to wind down (Trent may say it still hasn't happened completely, then again he's at work so he may say it has!!), but it has also been really good to get those things knocked over that you don't usually do because you don't have the time.

I've been entertained brilliantly by lots of girlfriends throughout the week with lunches, afternoon teas and assistance in the last pieces of shopping. So I'm feeling good that I've at least caught up with people before life changes completely. If anyone else is in need of an eating buddy let me know, I have a feeling I'll have another week or so of this caper to go.

Martina and the girls spoilt me (& the baby) beautifully on Saturday afternoon with a fabulous high tea at the Mandarin Oriental. Thank you everyone for your thoughtful gifts, I'm sure we will get lots of use out of them all, and it will be great to finally introduce you to the little one!
This week is shaping up to be a bit more of a struggle for me to fill, (I'm really scraping the barrel for things to do - my wedding dress needs dry cleaning - yes, it is disgusting that after more than 2 years it still hasn't been cleaned, but what a week to do it!). I'm also going to get a first aid kit as we completed our course over the weekend which did make us realise our supply of band-aids probably isn't up to a proper emergency. And it is time to tackle our music situation on our computers, which is probably the nastiest job in the world - but it will kill time... So, in all seriousness, if anyone wants company let me know!!

Hope you all have fun filled, exciting weeks!

Lots of love,
Nik & Trent

ps a huge congratulations to Alison, my colleague, who gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Saturday! She's kicked us off, now when is my turn?? If you're wanting to have a punt, here's The Baby Bookie

No comments:

Post a Comment